Does anyone accept Bitcoin in Brisbane?

Discussion in 'Brisbane General Chat & Discussion' started by Theresa76, Apr 29, 2016.

1. Theresa76

Theresa76 New Member

Hello

New to the forum, my son's birthday is coming up and I am wanting to give him money in Bitcoin. I was wondering whether they're any businesses in Brisbane which accept bitcoin as a payment method, Wanting to find out a little bit more before I actually transfer my money into them.

Thanks in advanced!

2. Lukescotty

Lukescotty Administrator Staff Member

Hi Theresa76

I've been looking but there doesn't seem to be many places to my knowledge who accept Bitcoin BTC in Brisbane stores/shops. There's a lot of places online in Australia which accept it.

Brisbane seems to be lacking behind the Bitcoin influx compared to Melbourne and Sydney. Looks like Melbourne is in the lead with about 50+ stores accepting them. I'll post some places up for Brisbane if i come across any.

3. Lukescotty

Lukescotty Administrator Staff Member

Interesting.... Australian Craig Wright has come out of the woodwork to reveal he is the original creator of Bitcoin, Satoshi Nakamoto .... but looking at recent news, they're saying hes a scam artist.

I'm on the fence with this one, will have to see when he provides more proof in the future (according to the BBC)

Keep you guys posted

4. dorogavtsev

dorogavtsev New Member

What accounting software will handle BitCoin?