Making the government accountable for the Unemployment Crisis

Discussion in 'Brisbane General Chat & Discussion' started by Hanz, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Hanz

Hanz New Member

I went into my job agency today and was basically abused by by job provider because apparently I had applied for all my jobs on the same day, and apparently Centrelink doesn't like that. They started accusing me of doing this, and said they had already warned me not to do this. That was a lie. They never warned me no to do this or even indicated that such a thing would be a problem. That is the part that really got me. Do they think I would be dumb enough to apply for all the jobs on the same day a second time, and put my Centrelink payments in jeopardy, if they had already informed me of this requirement? I just kept my mouth shut, but was so angry they would pull this on me and make out I was in the wrong. I am venting here now, though. Had to get it out. Was so humiliated, they basically treated me like dirt, lower than dirt. I felt, worthless, useless and completely at their mercy, completely helpless.

Anyway what is wrong with applying for them on the same day? Hello?

I am a jobseker, unemployed, it makes perfect sense i only apply for jobs on the same day. I am trying to save money, can't afford an internet connection, so use an internet cafe.

I am so sick of Brisbane. I have been trying to get a job here since 2013 and NOBODY will give me a chance. I'm over it.

I think our government should be held responsible for the awful job situation in this country where 18 people are applying for one job, and that figure is probably very conservative as all the jobs I look at have in excess of 250 views within one hour. I think we unemployed jobseekers should launch a class action against the government for allowing immigration into this country, without ever going to a vote on it. I was never asked if I wanted half of China living here. I was never consulted about the damage that would result to my future prosperity, not to mention my kids and grand kids future prosperity, by going from an internal to an international job market, where my grand kids will have to compete with the 2 billion plus people in Aisa, who are all looking to come here for the better pay and conditions.

This is a serious issue people, you need to wake up and look around you.

The government also needs to be help responsible for giving billions of taxpayers money to Centrelink and this job search places, that DON'T DO ANYTHING to actively help you get a job. So what is there purpose?

We also need to sue the companies who are hiring cheaper workers and bringing them over on special visas. I can't even get a job working in a low skilled field because all the jobs are taken by immigrants and we need to do something about the companies like Woolworths and Coles who REFUSE to hire people, unless they can pay them nothing.

I am on the verge of giving up. Employers don't really want to hire people. Every time I call employers they act like they don't want to know me. What is the deal? Also how hard is it to spend one day training someone on the job making coffee? Instead of expecting them to have been an experienced barista for 5 years? Ridiculous. Anyone can pick it up, IF GIVEN A CHANCE.

I am so over this whole country, I want to MOVE FAR, FAR, AWAY where the government actually CARES about its people, and isn't willing to sell them out to make a quick buck like ours has. Also why can half of "Chindia" come here and get work, but we are denied the same opportunity to find work in their countries? I am so over the whole thing.

And don't reply saying I am 'racist'. Go into the city and tell me if I am being racist when I say I can sit down for an hour and count 1,000 Chinese/ Indian people walking past. It's not racism. It's ANGER! Anger that as someone whose ancestors FOUNDED this country, I have been denied the prosperity my ancestors had, and which they fought in wars to keep.

https://newmatilda.com/2016/08/25/how-job-agencies-bully-the-unemployed-and-get-away-with-it/

2. Lukescotty

Lukescotty Administrator Staff Member

Hey Hanz, always here to listen to your rants :)

Jobs are like buses, you wait and wait and finally 3 turn up at the same time.

What kind of career are you looking for at the moment? do you care what it is, if it gets your feet off the ground up and work up from there? How about catering, restaurants are always looking for disheys and prep chefs? what about warehouse work? ubers always an option too, but you'll need a relativley good car for that..... removalist companies are always looking for people too and it keeps you fit... i did it for 4 months a couple years ago... I didnt hate it either.

If you like cooking and the catering industry, I recommend you going into that or giving it a try.

I used to be a chef.... although I don't do it no more, but at 16 I started as a dishey... then back line chef.. keep in mind I didnt go to catering college, but by the time I was 21, I was the kitchen manager, highest pay hourly employee in the company. I was doing pretty well and decided to go travelling and have a break for a while... I came back the company had liquefied. Id like to say it went down hill because I left :p.... anyways I was never out of a job being in catering. I've worked in 33 restaurants up to now and its always there for me to fall back on if need be.

Have you tried agency work?

3. Hanz

Hanz New Member

Don't you ever stop and wonder why life has to be so hard, considering the massive wealth of this nation, in natural resources, that we should all share in? I am betting your just scraping by. Don't you want to live in a society where you can thrive, instead of just survive? Research Henry Ford and his theories about what makes a good society. He believed employers should pay their workers a living wage. He paid his workers so they could afford to buy his cars!

Your genuine concern is refreshing, but don't worry I will work something out. I have worked at one of each of the job types you outline above at one time or another. I have tried University, got into Mechatronics Engineering, only to become overwhelmed. I should go back and do a easier science I guess, but then again I have never been interested in academics. I have tried everything, from applying online, to calling, to visiting employers in store. They all refuse to employ me. I will work something out.

My problem is I feel I am living in the leftovers of WW2. I imagine how my life could have been under NS Germany, it would be a vast improvement to the life I have had in this society. Everyone would have been beautiful and had a sense of purpose that went beyond themselves. To have that sense of community would have been something. Studies find people from societies that have large local communities are usually the ones who live the longest, hence the rural villages in Asia who live to over 100 with no modern medical facilities.

I'm currently living in temporary accommodation in an outer Brisbane suburb, and can't believe the demographic difference compared to the inner suburbs. My problem is I am disillusioned by immigration, and it has lead me to disconnect from the society completely. I don't even feel I am living in the same country I grew up in the late 80s early 90s. I don't recognize any of the faces I see anymore.

Society just puts us 'dole bludgers' on benefits, thinking that will sort it out. Don't try and provide us with REAL jobs so we can live ourselves. Australia went down the drain the minute we allowed it to go from an internal to an international job market.

Wish your grand kids luck in finding stable employment, cause it's highly unlikely they will have the same opportunities the boomers and their parents did in good old 'White' Australia. They really didn't know how good they had it. Or why we enacted those policies. Just like 'feminism' has now created a situation where there are more people looking for work, as opposed to in the past when one person would stay home and not work, because it was seen as socially unacceptable to have two people working when your neighbor was unemployed. It just happened that women would stay home because high investment parenting was something we as a society took seriously once, well not anymore. Men would stay home if their wives were working in the old days, so it wasn't all one way. But you never hear about that reality.

You just need to look at the way a drug dealer can make $10 000 a week to see how morally corrupt, apathetic, and disillusioned our society has become as a result of abandoning the importance of high investment parenting as a social norm. Take down the social stigma associated with promiscuity and you have the modern Australia of 2017 where nobody has any self respect or care of themselves or others, and the only language they all speak is money.

There are more people than there are jobs, especially now we are an international job market where your grand kids will have to compete with all the hundreds of thousands of University graduates being churned out of China and India each year looking for better pay and conditions here, so it's only a matter of time before larger segments of the White population become permanently unemployed. Especially once these migrants begin enacting racial nepotism, something nobody ever acknowledges, yet we all too easily allow, despite it being downright discrimination. And what you see is all the intelligent migrants coming here, creating in affect a new 'Master Race' elite here, who are ruling over the native White population. If it wasn't true nobody would believe it.

One of the jobs I applied for, at a well known fast food chain, I was waiting for 30 minutes in the store for the interview, while the staff all spoke in Chinese to each other. Then another man of Asian descent came into the store, some more talking in Chinese, and the manager, who was also Asian, came out from the back of the store, and proceeded to interview the newly arrived Asian man ahead of me. That was when I woke up.

It amazes me how one generation can deny their descendants everything they had, and then tell their descendants it's all their fault. Incredible.

I still find it disheartening when we in this so called 'free society' didn't get a choice over one of the greatest things to impact our lives, immigration. I am 99% certain had we stayed White a lot of people in this country would have not only a higher quality of life, but better employment opportunities.

Why was it one man on a single workers wage could support his wife and family, to a middle income degree of living, yet today families with two incomes can't even do that? Something has gone seriously wrong with society or maybe it was always that way and I am only seeing it now.

*******www.angryharry.com/esWomen-WeakandPathetic.htm

*******www.frostywooldridge.com/

*******www.theoccidentalobserver.net/articles/MacDonald-Ford.html